Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

High on life

This is one of my favourite (this is what spell check KEEPS changing my "favorite to! hmph!!) quotes! And I made it up! "High on life". There really is no way to describe the feeling you get when everything is good and you're happy! (well in my opinion) I really wanted to make this post yellow, but it's quite blinding! Ha.
I have not only pulled through my "Christmas Blues"!! Yaah! Looking back, I *still* don't really understand WHY Christmas season is such a depression for me, but I'm so thankful I got through it though and am back to the high energy Katie and planning all sorts of fun things to do and accomplish this year! i.e. planning a short vacation for the end of February to go to WI. Dells and go go-carting and a few other things! I'm excited!

I was listening to Pandora today at work and heard a song that really clicked with me today. "Dare You To Move" By: Switchfoot. I have always loved this band and this song! It really made me think today and challenge myself. "I dare you to move, I dare you to life yourself up off the floor, I dare you to move like today never happened". This was both motivating and encouraging (I know close in meaning) to me. Act like all the bad things that have happened, never happened. Act like today (when bad things happen, thoughts, feelings ect) didn't happen! Start new each day! I dare you to move! The part where he says "pick yourself up off the floor" made me think of someone having a bad day/break down and just laying on the floor with no motivation to move and he's saying I dare you to move! Make the best of your life! And that's my challenge to myself, and to you! I dare you to move! Pick yourself up off the floor and move like today never happened!
I hope you all are well and in high spirits now that the holidays are over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment