Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Day 1 of 2011

Well First off I want to say Happy New Year!!! I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year's. Funny how things work out since im the oldest of this group of 7 that I get to post the First Blog of the New Year!

I do hope that 2011 is better then 2010. I know i have alot of friends who agree with me on this topic. Im hopeful that there will be less people i know who die, less friends who i know who file for divorce and less hardships on my friends and people i know as well. I know There will be hardships, but i also know that WE will make it through them. One way or another we will become stronger for them.

This past week has been fun as well. Its always fun when my family gets together. I must say as much as ive wanted to be an only child at times, there is nothing better then being the oldest of 6 with a brother-inlaw and a niece and nephew all under one roof. It just makes family complete. I wouldnt know what to do if i didnt have siblings. There would be no one to trash talk to over a game of spades or watching an 2 1/2 hr long movie only for everyone to agree at the end we should of stopped it 15 mins in. Side Note ( dont watch WallStreet 2)

It was fun to have both my sister and her 2 kids stay the week between christmas and New years. Also good to have Dave too, but he had to go back to work. After playing with my nephew for sometime, he had gone to bed, it reminded me that I could of had a son who was 6 months older then him. I know it wasnt in the plans and thats why i dont, but it made me think, wow we really would of had a house full then. Im grateful for the Family I do have and I pray we are continuly blessed in 2011.

So who has any New Year resolutions? Me? I dont make any. Although I do think that this is going to be a great year, I pray that as I begin a new journy in life, that I can give up control and just listen and go where I am suppose to go. I know that God has plans for me and I dont think nursing is in his Plans. You can only be Jonah for so long before you have to realize that God wants to use you in ways that even if he told you, you wouldnt believe. ( I believe thats in the book of Malachi) So here goes nothing to 2011 and I wish you all the best of 2011 !

Charlie


ps-Sorry no video this week, I'll get back to that next week!

5 comments:

  1. I like this blog! Makes me excited for 2011! I'm sad I didn't have more time to spend with all you guys =( I don't get WHY I have to be *so* busy ALL THE TIME! I feel like, even though I got a few days off from work, that I didn't stop running here and there the entire time!
    I too, wonder what it's going to be like when any of us have kids as well... We won't fit in Dad & Mom's house! We should start thinking ahead now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. and no, that is NOT saying that I want kids or am going to have them =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Glad you enjoyed the blog and yeah i dont need any kids anytime soon, but they day will come im sure where we will have to rent out a hotel or something for all of us. Cant wait for that day

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you guys could hurry up with that.... my kids will OLD if you guys don't get a move on!!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, Johnny??? Hannah??? Any volunteers!? no thanks!!!! =D I might... maybe.... big maybe... but it would be a few years! I need some more time! haha

    ReplyDelete