Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Christmas Blues anyone?!

It's "Hump Day" so it's my turn to blog! Yaaah! (attempting to rejoice! haha) I agree by the way, it's hard to really remember what your focus is during this crazy time of year (well for me anyway). I'm high strung and I *hate hate hate* that! (I really need to seek out a book about that and how people have resolved some of that). I get so caught up in getting everything that needs done and all the presents and making all the plans with families and saving money and....get really stressed and wrapped up in that! Sound like me?! haha.
This year I am really trying to come up with a plan... with an idea to get rid of the "Christmas Blues". Me?? With the blues?? I know... It's sad to say I'd even get such a thing! We have had such awesome Christmases through out my whole child hood years. I can't remember ever being so excited about the same thing *every year* for so many years! Even my birthday wasn't quite as exciting to me, b/c I was the only one opening presents. I like it when other people share in my excitement!
A few years ago started off a strand of bad Christmases for me. I don't want to spend too much time writing about those events; I don't want to dwell on them, but they range from a death in the family to DCFS to other personal things that took place in my life. All those things combined have really almost stole my childhood memories/excitement from me. I realize that everything that has happened is a part of the past, but it's really hard for me, come December 1st, to "be excited".
This year I want to do SOMETHING to help me get past the past, get rid of my Christmas Blues and relive my childhood excitement for Christmas! If anyone has any ideas/thoughts... or even prayers, they're all welcomed!
On another note, this week has already been crazy! Random updates in my life!:
1.Taco Bell drive thru accident: I was awarded the money for the damage done to my car (which works out *perfect* because you can hardly tell anyone hit my car, but yet it cost over 1,000 yaaah!) and more is to come....!
2. I got 2 angel trees! I have a boy and a girl. I'm kind of excited about that!
3. Me and Mitch are going to one of our married friend's houses to plan our trip to Mexico tonight! I think that's exactly what I need.... To plan something FUN to look forward to after Christmas time to get me through the next few weeks! Even though I have been to Mexico before this is going to be an awesome trip!!! Last time I was there, I went to Caba San Lucas. I think we're going to Cancun this time! I love to travel!
4. Ashley still hasn't gotten back to me about what she wants for Christmas, and I've been asking for like 3 weeks!!!! (mhmmm!!!)
5. Why are there so many stupid Christmas songs out?? (ie- "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas". Really?!?)
6. We are planning pictures with Santa on the 19th!!! (when Han comes home, anyone who wants to join, PLEASE DO!!! )
7. I need some new rain boots!!! I went to Target and ended up leaving with 3 pairs of *really cute* boots (b/c someone bought them online and returned them in the store, I got them for $10, yessss!), but now I still need rain boots!
8. We're going to Chicago this weekend to get away and do some Christmas shopping! Yah! Maybe some ice-skating and to see "Black Swan". (has anyone seen that? Is it good??)

That's about all the updates! I think some people that have slacked on blogging need to catch us up on their lives!!!
Have a great week!!!!

4 comments:

  1. And I just got great news!!! The guy that hit me IS actually insured!! (at the SAME co as me!!) So they sent me a check for my deductible too! How do I always get so lucky!? Really!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4. Don't hate....I will text you a list today :D

    5. I think that song's hilarious :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that happens to be exactly what I want for Christmas....so if you could find a hippopotamus for me, that'd be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha ok.... to keep in your backyard??

    ReplyDelete