Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Saturday, December 11, 2010

What are you doing?

Well I know this is a little early for my Blog, but I have nothing else better to do right now then to blog. This week's topic is one that many people don't like to talk about it. That is Death. Death is something that will happen to all of us, as a matter of fact I think there are only 2 places in the bible where people didn't die, but just walked up to heaven. Wouldn't that be a wild ride.

Just walking down the street and next thing you know your a foot above the ground, then 2 feet and so on and so forth until you get to the pearly gate. What an experience that would be.

So this week I gave my LAS 189 presentation and I did that on the Movie " The Bucket List". If you haven't seen it, i would say its a funny movie. Yes it deals with cancer and so if you know someone or are close to someone who has cancer I wouldn't suggest seeing it. I had just recently seen it and it had been out since 2007. It's amazing how many movies have cancer in them. It's something i never paid attention too, until cancer directly effected me. Back to the movie, Well these 2 guys find out they are terminal cancer and thus create a bucket list.

A "bucket list" is a list of things that you wanna do before you " kick the bucket" After challenging my class to live for today and not tomorrow, for all we know is that we have today and that tomorrow isn't promised to us, I got to thinking about my own bucket list. I realized I really didn't have one. there isn't anything right now that I can think of that if i was on my death bed, i would say, man i wish i would of done that. Sure there are things that I would like to do, but nothing that just says " man if i don't do this, i'll be so mad."

So here is my attempt at a Bucket list.

1)I would like to be Able to get married and to Raise a Family
2) take a cruise
3) Coach a basketball team to the State Championship game
4)Make a difference in someone's life who other wise wouldn't of had the chance
5)Make a video game or have input into one
6)Travel the World, along with that go to Europe and backpack for a month or 2
7) Go back to Veneszula, One of the greatest times in my life was being there for a month.

Well that is it for now, i guess if i am granted the life i hope i get to live i will be able to add to this list.

I was going to add a clip so you all could watch, but for some reason they have disabled the embeded code.

Lastly, What is on your Bucket list?



Charlie

3 comments:

  1. Yesss! I LOVE this movie! I remember the first time I watched it; I was so inspired to write a "Bucket List"... I remember going over to mom & dad's and I was telling mom all about it and Aunt Darlene was there... and she made fun of me for making a bucket list!! haha! =) I definitely agree that everyone needs to watch this movie and have a bucket list!!!
    There will always be something in your life that will hold you back or prevent you from doing the things that would make you the happiest! It's all up to you weather you allow that to happen or not! We should check back in yearly how we are accomplishing our bucket lists!
    A few of mine (notice how I said FEW haha) are:
    1. Go to Italy
    2. Publish a book
    3. Finish school
    4. Move out of IL
    5. Own an SUV
    6. Work for a magazine co

    My list goes on and on... haha. It's fun to dream!! And make it happen!! Life is too short to sit and watch time go by!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed and well you dont want a SUV cause then you will just watch your paycheck disappear at each gas station lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yah, well once I'm *finally* done with school I will be making enough money that I won't mind that! haha

    ReplyDelete