Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Rejoice

The word rejoice can be found a lot this time of year.

"Rejoice, rejoice, Emmanuel. Shall come to the O Israel"

But, I've been challenged by the book Crazy Love to look at rejoicing a different way. The following an exerpt from Francis Chan's book.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I say again, Rejoice!" (Phil. 4:4) You'll notice it doesn't end with "... unless you're doing something extremely important". No, it's a command for all of us, and it follows with the charge "Do not be anxious about anything" (v. 6).

Can you name the last time, outside of a worship service, that you really truly rejoiced? It's hard for me to name a time lately, other than Chaney's birth. And that's troubling to me. "Rejoice in the Lord always", to me means that it's an action that never ceases. . . hence the term "always". I've failed there. . . often.

I guess, I am using this blog post to challenge myself. To always rejoice.

Give glory to God in the highest, and peace to His people on earth.

I hope everyone has a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment