Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The back-up plan

I have been bouncing around a lot of blog topics but have not been able to write more than a paragraph about anything. With that in mind, I wonder how our faith in God would look if we got rid of all of our "plan B's" and "backup plans" just in case God doesn't show up. If a Christian is supposedly doing the work of the Lord then why should that person worry about whether or not THEY have the master plan. Well I think that either they doubt that they are doing the work of the Lord or their cognitive theology doesn't match their practical theology. In other words we know only from an intellectual standpoint that God will see us through if we are doing His will but personally we do not believe it or are just not willing to take the risk. There are a lot of technical points that could be made here but I have neither the vigor or the intelligence to meet them. I only pray that I have not spoken out of term and I encourage your thoughts on what it means to truly rely on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment