Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hmm.....

Well im not really sure what im going to talk about tonight. Seems some of the other siblings either A) got busy this week, to busy to blog or B) just didnt blog..lol Either way its Saturday night and that means your stuck with me. Thats right, what a way to end the week but with me , right? LOL Well its all in good fun and as im even typing this im not sure what im going to actually write about. Sure basketball season has started and our first game is monday, Thanksgiving is also this week, Guess i could write what i am thankful for, but nothing is clicking really.

Well i think im going to talk about a friend of mine. This just isnt any ordinary friend to say the least. I met her for the first time this summer while doing basketball camps. You never think that your going to make friends while teaching the game of basketball to those who are from 5th grade up to 8th grade but i did. After the first few days and spending hours and hours in the gym shooting with her and teaching her how to shoot better, it just seems we clicked and that was that. She spent countless hours in the gym, even her mom would show up and she would still wanna stay. (To bad i cant get the Varsity bball players to stay like that )

I dont even know how many hours we spent on the court just shooting and talking life, I think looking back it was more about the talking about life that we enjoyed more so then the basketball. Basketball was just the thing that got us to that point. At that time i was even wondering why i was coaching or if i was even doing a good job.

After having her come back for 3 weeks in a row to be taught and to learn, i knew i was doing the right thing and that i was suppose to continue to coach and teach life lessons to those as well.

The reason I bring her up, she doesnt know im writing about her, thats why im not using her name, but her mom will know who i am talking about. But a day before the basketball season was to start for the girls, i found out that she wasnt going to play. My first thought was "what???" Are you kidding me??? You put all that time in and you are going to be one of the better shooters and your not going to play???.

I think we were both kinda nervous when we did get the chance to talk about why she decided not to play basketball and to do cheerleading instead. She was worried that i would be upset because of all the time we spent in the gym and what not. But i wasnt. The more we talked about it and how she just wanted something different, something for her. The more i agreed with her. She was truely doing something that she wanted to do and it was because she wanted to do it. How many freshman girls do you know that will say " no, im not gonna do this, im going to do this because i want to, not because someone else wants me to"? I cant think of any right now. She amazes me because she isnt phased by peer-pressure where as so many who are freshman, just wanna fit in and she went her own route. If only more girls her age could see that you can do whatever you want, dont fall into the traps that are set and dont think that you cant change your mind if you dont want to do something.

I know it also helps that she has amazes parents who have supported her in everything she has done. She is an amazes girl and i know that People will follow her as she gets older cause they will want what she has.

Well thats my blog for the week, to sum it up, if you dont wanna go with the flow, then dont, Be true to yourself and that will truely make you happy. Until next week i hope to tell you that my bball team is 4-0 and that we had a great thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Ill leave you with this video for the week

4 comments:

  1. 1. You were supposed to show me how to add links!!!
    2. I wish I would have had more of that in me when I was younger, I think I would be a totally different person! Props to her!!!
    3. Love that song! Good way to start off a blah Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yah and 4. BOO to all you who skipped out on blogging this week!!! =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry :( You saw my baby this weekend... who has time to blog with a screaming, teething child!?!?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my bad, ill show you next time your over and yeah mad props to her, shes got life figured out for only being a freshman

    ReplyDelete