Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

How can you NOT vote?

This is going to be short and sweet. Too many people have fought and died in this country for your right to vote. There are millions of women and minorities that couldn't vote for a very long time, and fought very hard for that right.

I had the honor to vote tonight. I always have a smile on my face when I walk out of the polling place because I view it as a privledge to cast my vote.

There are websites that give you the ability to research every candidate that's on your local ballot. It took me half an hour to research EVERY vote that I cast today. And you know what, I voted for candidates from 3 different political parties. Why? Because they were the best candidate for the position and best reflected the political positions that I identify with.

There is NO excuse for not voting. It is essential to our freedom as Americans. You can't watch the video reactions of Iraqi men and women who are voting in FREE and FAIR elections for the first time, and not go vote.

If you are able to get a polling place, over the age of 18, and don't vote, you cheapen your American citizenship. And that's a shame.

I look forward to your comments and opinions. God Bless America

Dave

2 comments:

  1. I didn't vote. Reason 1- I moved and therefore I'm not registered any more?? (not sure why that matters since I am still in the same city!!!) Reason 2-I didn't know ANY ONE that was up for vote! I would rather not vote at all than vote for just anyone! But as Eric informed me last night that he would gladly just tell me who to vote for! ha =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you moved to a different district within your city, you have to re-register. BUT you can do it when you change your address on your license :P I've totally decided I would have been a Suffragette....if only for the purpose of being able to sing the Sister Suffragette song from Mary Poppins... :)

    ReplyDelete