Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Monday, November 22, 2010

Crayness

Hey Yall.
I know I was going to write about different topics, but this week has been crazy and I dont think my opinion on anything would be appreciated right now!
I went home last week to get a wisdom tooth taken out, and just to hang out and see my family. I had an amazing time and already miss my friends and family very much! God spoke to me a lot about my future while I was home. I'm learning to rely on Him to provide me the comfort I need in different situations where humans can't even begin to bring comfort. How do people get through things without God? I just don't understand.
On Thursday morning during my quiet time, I was praying and just asking God to do something each week that could be a testimony for me. Friday while I was working at my Dad's work, his 2 friends came to see me and gave me $120!! I hadn't even prayed about the money I needed! Then on Sunday, while praying about how much I should give for tithe, 15 or 20, I felt God telling me it was ok to give 15, so I did. Later on, my dad gave me a $20 "just in case I'd need it". God is so good to me, even in the hard times when I don't pray about the money I need, the things I want, or the problems I'm thinking too hard about. God also used my mom to bless me with a lot of new clothes! (There are some things that I definitely needed new of.) And, I got most, if not everything, on sale!
So, needless to say, God and I had quite the week together =) Last Monday I got a wisdom tooth cut out. I was awake the whole time. Before I went in, I had prayed so hard that I wouldn't feel a thing and that I would have peace through it all. The dentist was awesome and numbed me ALOT, and even gave me extra shots just to make sure. I didn't feel any of it and he was done in 20 minutes! I was so at peace that through the whole thing I was just singing worship songs in my head. As I was praying half way through, I began to think of the dentist as using God's hands to work on my mouth. Even thinking that GOD'S hands could be doing all the work in my mouth brought such an amazing amount of peace. I even felt comforted and strangely enough, enjoyed knowing that God was really the one in charge of removing this tooth!
Being close to God is just so amazing. I can't even think of words to describe it. Knowing He cares about little ME just overwhelms me. But shouldn't we all be overwhelmed by God? None of us can even begin to comprehend His love for us! In the Bible it says that His thoughts towards each of us outnumber the grains of sand!!! How awesome is THAT?!?!
Ok, I've got to get going to bed! I hope you all have a wonderful week. Remember to look for God even in the small things, for there you could find Him the most =)

--Hann

1 comment:

  1. Where's the "like" button!? haha. God definitely works in mysertoius way... I could go on and on about this.. I have been through so much in my life... and at any point no matter how I felt or what I believed or what I was debating doubting, I have *always* felt God's presense. It's amazing how God is always one step ahead of us... He has it all planned out, before we even thought about it.... ie your money!

    ReplyDelete