Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Triple Threat




Well Its my time again. It is Officailly 11:50 pm on a Saturday night. Here I am home for the first night since Thursday. The Link I have enclosed is Regulators by Warren G. Prolly the first rap song i knew by heart and today it is still a hit. Well i have many topics to discuss tonight so lets just dive right in.



Im going to write this topic in Purple. You might ask why and the reason is Thats the Color for Domestic Violence. Its been an interesting week for me in the sense of this topic. I found out a friend of mine, who happen to also be my Prof. last semester had finally decided to leave her husband because he had been physically, verbally and emotionally abusing her. I felt so bad for her when she finally said something about it. I felt bad because I knew something was up when we first started class and I just couldnt put my finger on it. Something just didnt add up when she was telling us about how life used to be and how she got to where she was. I was conflicted because as a student do i say anything or not? Maybe i should have and maybe i shouldnt have. In the end she made the best descion she could have. She sought help. At first she was weary because she felt like everyone would think bad of her or tell her she should of left sooner. The best you can do is support them in their descions and when they have finally had enough they will make their choice to leave and will need all of the help they can get. She has been surprised at how many women have said " that happened to me too so many years ago". Its so sad to me that women get with the man of their dreams only to find out that they are Docter Jeykal in Mr. Hydes body. My heart does go out to her , but she is a strong woman and i know she will be able to do it for her and her precious little daughter.


This paragraph will be in red. This will be for my other friend this week who also decided enough was enough and told her boyfriend to go after he had been caught again using drugs. Of course some will say , well she should stay for support and to help him. The best help this man can get is to get into a rehad clinic. I dont blame her. We actually had a talk about this guy before she started dating him. He said all the right things and said he had been clean and what not. You get the point. Well she gave him a chance and he screwed it up, she then said ok one more chance and he blew that too.( no pun intended) She is in the process of moving out and i commend her for taking a stand. Enough is enough with both abuse and drug abuse. Not only does she have to worry about herself, but she too has a daughter that she needs to look out for. So i commend her once again for making the right choice and saying" Im better then this" and moving on in her life.



I guess i will go blue with the final paragraph/topic of my triple threat. That is on Monday Highschool Boys Basketball starts. Im beyond excited for 6 am. I know right, your thinking he is nuts. Maybe i am but i also know that some of these kids have put in over 100 hours in the gym this summer and im going to make sure it pays off for them. They are excited and we have high hopes for this years basketball team. We want to be Regional Champs this year and i believe we can do it. We will have the best backcourt in the area and one of the most dominate Big men and he is only a Sophmore.



Finally, I wouldnt be a gamer if i didnt mention that on Tuesday morning at 12:01 am another great game will be for sale. Warning *now, if you have a husband, boyfriend, fiance or just some guy friends you prolly wont hear from them for atleast a week or so *



So that is my Warning for all of you. Who dont play the game. Ill be online for the PS3 and My name is XxDeadlyCamperxX . If you think your Good come and we will just have to find out.

So its been a busy week and to wrap things up or i guess to sum them up. If you or someone you know if in an Abusive relationship, continue to be there friend and encourage them to get out of that kind of relationship. They may hate you at the time, but when they decide for themselves they will need all of the support they can get. So dont give up on them!

Hope everyone has a Great week and I will talk to you all next Saturday.

Charlie

3 comments:

  1. There you are, like always, supporting friends when they need you the most!! No different than how you have supported Shelbee with her new adventure. She truly is excited, not only for her new adventure, but that she gets to still be involved, in a different way, with you and her friends. You will never know how much we appreciate everything you do for her. She is a one very lucky young lady to have you for her friend. We do thank God for you! Have a great Sunday and we really enjoy your blog. Good Job Coach!!! See you soon at the games. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, She is an amazing young woman and alot of young women could and will learn alot from her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for supporting me and being there for me when I finally decided to end mine...

    ReplyDelete