Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Funerals are a weird experience

An odd topic for a first post I know, but unfortunately thats whats on the agenda for today. Funerals can breed togetherness, and yet at times tear families apart. There is a shared sense of sadness over the loss of a loved one, but also the joy of reconnecting with relatives that you haven't seen in way too long. I will experience a lot of emotion over the next few days, but not all bad.

My Aunt Joan was a unique woman. I've never come across anyone quite like her. Her self-effacing sense of humor and hilarious takes on life and it's experiences will stick with me forever. Unfortunately, the cancer overtook her body and left her unable to continue on. It's sad, because Noah and Chaney will never have the chance to really get to know her the way that I did. She was grumpy sometimes, but always loving. I already miss her alot.

My Uncle Tom is coming into town for the funeral from Florida. I haven't seen him in 12 years probably, maybe 15. He's never met Ashley, or seen the kids. I'm excited to see him and for him to get to interact with all of us.

That's the type of situation that can only take place with a funeral. So it's with sadness in my heart that I look forward to this funeral.

The next time I talk to you, Michigan will be 6-0 and defeated the Spartans. GO BLUE! (had to put that in there). See you next week!

2 comments: