Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Hump Day!!!

Today is "hump day" (middle of the week for those of you who don't use/know that term). This week has gone by soo slow. I guess I will start off my first blog by telling you all some things that maybe you don't know about me.
I work for a medium sized company called "EP Technology" (we own EP Computers on Neil and Kirby). I've worked here over a year. I'm a director here. There are about 40 employees. I make sure that everyone is going their jobs and at the end of the day all customers have been helped. We sell and install security equipment. Our main office is in China. We manufacture our own products and have them sea shipped here. We have 7 different stores online. (it's a lot to keep up with). Me, working here? I know! It's definitely not something that I see myself doing long term, but for now it's good money and flexible when I need time off.
Last week was a really bad week for me... even going into the weekend. My friend Bobby was in a really bad car accident late Thursday night. They think that it was 2 to 3 hours before anyone called and reported the accident because it was in the country, not too many by passers. The car rolled atleast 5 times. He was airlifted to Carle. His best friend that was in the car with him died before the car had even stopped rolling. Bobby's left back side of his skull is caved in, his face is fractured, his nose is broken, he will probably never be able to see out of his right eye again, he has road burn ALL over him and he's in a coma. It's one thing to hear about all of this, it's another to see someone in this condition. Needless to say it was quite upsetting. While I was at Carle in the ICU unit, I ran into our cousin Jesse. Her husband (Eddie) is actually in the room right next to Bobby. He was in a really bad motorcycle accident. He was going about 30mph and the Dana (another friend who hit him) hit Eddie from behind going about 100mph. Eddie may never be able to really function again. It was a depressing Friday night for me. Keep these people in your prayers and thoughts =)
I didn't want to leave on a depressing note.. so... good news!? My Birthday is in 11 days!!! YAH!! I'm leaving work early on Friday with a group of friends and were going to go camping in Indiana. We plan on waking up Saturday and going to the coverage bridge festival! I'm really excited! Also, Mitch is getting me a puppy for my birthday! The one I want is in OH. I'm think on our way home Sunday we will be picking him up :) I thought maybe we could celebrate my birthday the following weekend? I heard Ashley and Dave will be here that weekend too? Would that work for everyone??
I love all you guys so much! I'm so glad and blessed continually by our family and how close we are and the friendships we have all developed! Until next week... Happy Hump Day! =)

6 comments:

  1. YAY for birthdays!!! BOO for sad stuff :( Jesse just got married recently, too, didn't she?? And yes, we will be there both weekends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it actually happened the day after their 4 month anniversary. =(
    And great! I will check and see what time we will be home from camping and if it's late at all then we can do it the next weekend. (having your bday "party" on your bday is always the best!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puunk! :P But I'm ok with that!!!! I still feel 20! (Glad to see you on here finally!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Covered Bridge Festival in Matthews, IN?

    ReplyDelete