Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

VeggieTales Christianity

I was watching VeggieTales yesterday with my three year old nephew and was surprised to find that I was actually enjoying myself (perhaps even more than him). There was no deep plot line or cliffhangers, rather, what refreshed me was hearing some simple fundamental truths from the Bible. We live in a society where media and popular culture treat the truth as relative and somewhat unimportant so it really isn't surprising I can appreciate hearing things like "God loves you" or "God looks at inward beauty" even if it does come from a talking vegetable.

I want to keep my blog short tonight but I do want to leave you with some simple fundamental truths from Scripture. I encourage you to look them up.

God has called us to a higher purpose: 2 Corinthians 5:20
God looks past the exterior to our hearts: 1 Samuel 16:7
God affords redemption: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
God loves us : 1 john 4:9; john 3:16

Happy Birthday Kathrine!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Did you know I once had a teacher who refused to let their children watch Veggie Tales b/c they didn't want their kids to think that Bible characters were talking vegetables...

    So, Eric, keep in mind, lest you become confused, that Joshua really wasn't a talking cucumber... :D

    PS. Let me know what you think about the book so far... love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Birthday wishes!!! It really was great! (will be even better when I finally get to eat some good cake with my fam! =)
    I love it when a revelation comes to you through something to simple! (maybe it's just b/c I don't like to think to deep/hard into things ha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, I love reading your blogs every week =D

    ReplyDelete