Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Friday, October 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home....

So I am finally blogging... I know it's technically Friday (sorry, Johnny!), but I watched 3 kids (plus my own 2) today, plus I had to pack for, and travel down to Illinois today... so I say I get a time exemption...And an excuse for writing a lame blog....lol

So we're back in Champaign for the weekend. I love being back at my parents' house. I've considered Michigan "home" for the last five years or so, but there is just something about going back to the house you grew up in....being with the crazies you were raised with (some of them).... sitting around the living room late at night having various conversations (does it matter if the cast of Jersey Shore is 100% Italian?* And should your husband complain to McDonald's when they count two TINY chicken tenders as two of your five?**  Do women--reporters or otherwise--have any right to be in a guys' locker room?*** ) ...and eating yum food. :)

There is nothing in the world like it, and it's my favorite part of coming back home!

I'm completely rambling today... but it's 2:21am my time... and I'm not exactly sure WHAT is on tv, but it doesn't inspire genius thoughts. Something about daredevils.... the guy on now just crashed a dirt bike and caught on fire... um fun?? The guy before that was bungee jumping in a shopping cart (b/c that's cool, right?), and afterward, his friends unstrapped him and then pushed him into the water next to them while he was still in the cart.... only they hadn't completely unstrapped him, so he was stuck in the cart. Naturally, they all started freaking out and screaming....while he unstrapped himself underwater and re-surfaced.... I would have picked new friends... just sayin :P

Anyways...Side note: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GIG!!!!

I don't get to post again until after your birthday, so I'll just say it now!! I'll leave your present here if I don't see you before we leave Sunday!! :) I hope you have a *fabulous* day!!!! Love you!!!!

Tomorrow I get to go to Dos for lunch.... ohhh how I miss that place!! We have a place similar in Grand Rapids (interestingly enough, called Tres...), but really, is there any place in the world like Dos? Other than maybe Mexico?? Just pass me the chips and queso, thanks.

Well, morning is going to come far too soon... and my cheerful three-year-old will be waking up with the sun (although, *maybe* he will want to sleep in since he stayed up beyond a time any reasonable parent would allow their 3-yr old to...)... So I'll leave you with my favorite songs of this week!!

Hallelujah-Rufus Wainwright (aka the Broken Hallelujah song from Shrek)... b/c isn't that all any of us can really offer God? Our own meager, broken Hallelujah.... This song breaks my heart every time I hear it.

Audience of One-Rise Against....for me, it's just the perfect mental picture of prayer...

and Avalanche-Manafest... b/c it's Noah's current favorite song (he used to call it Apple Lunch), and I *love* hearing that little boy sing :)

So, check out the songs.... I hope you all have a GREAT Friday!!! :) One more day til the weekend!!!

Ashley



*As far as being Italian goes....if you're Italian...you're Italian.. it doesn't matter how much!!

** YES....the answer is YES....especially when he offers! :)

*** I say NO...sure, the Jet's players should have had more class, but SERIOUSLY?? It's a GUYS' locker room....use common sense!

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha! LOVE IT!!! I too agree that is one of my favorite things about being at mom and dads! LOVE the convos, the craziness and staying up way late and laughing at nothing at all, eating good food! That is def something I will never ever forget!
    Thanks for the Birthday wishes and gifts! That coffee was sooo delicious!! And to mom... Mitch LOVES the knifes you got me! LOL! I don't know who was more excited! I love them!
    I would listen to those songs... but... I don't want to cry at work! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yah! And I'm glad that we can post pics on here!! YAH! ps-how do you do that!? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh..only the one song is sad. The other two are just good! And to post a picture, there is a little picture icon at the top of the text box, just to the right of the "link" button. Then you can upload whatever you want! And I'm glad you liked the coffee!! I couldn't decide which flavor to get, and finally decided the House Blend was a safe bet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record, Audience of One is Big Daddy Weave. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably should have known that, but I just googled it b/c the ipod was in the car, and that's what came up. Regardless, fave song!

    ReplyDelete