Seven siblings... Seven blogs.... over Seven days...

Saturday, October 09, 2010

A Long Week


Well its been a Week since we as siblings and brother-in-law have started this blog. Only missing one entry out of 7 isnt to bad. The title has pretty much summed up my week from last Saturday. The weekend wasnt to bad, some how i hurt my foot and i still cant figure out how i hurt it , but i know the pain started when i was back out in CA. So i guess i didnt leave everything out in CA when i left out there.


Speaking of which, Last monday was Someca's 36th birthday. For those of you who dont know who she is im going to tell you about her. Someca was my fiance who passed away from cancer Nov. 13th 2008. We actually had met online on feb 2nd 2005. We spoke on the phone for the first time on feb 14th. I then flew her out to IL two days before my sister's wedding. I figured i needed a wedding date and also she could meet all of the family because they would all be there at the wedding. I still remember seeing her walking down the corridor of the airport and thinking, someday i hope she becomes my wife.


That Oct. , Oct 11th to be exact I moved out to Sacramento to be with her. Maybe ill go into the reason why later on. That following March, going with both of our convictions, I decided that it was time to move back home. I would go and work and then we would save money up to then get married and live how God wanted us to live. I was only home for 5 days when i got the worst phone call of my life. Her mom had called my phone and around 930am , i was told that Someca had cancer and that no one knew how long she had to live or even where the cancer was at. I was back in Sacramento that night and at the hospital by 11pm. She was my everything and i knew that she would need me thru this battle. She battled cancer from March 7th 2006 until Nov. 13th 2008.


Im gonna get on my soap box for a min. so please bear with me. I just hate it when people say "so in so lost their battle to cancer" Maybe it is because ive seen it first hand, but trust me, Someca didnt lose. Her body just couldnt handle the pain anymore. Had it been up to her she would of conquered Cancer. It just bugs me when people say they lost the battle, as if they had a choice. Also real quick when someone is going thru something like dealing with someone who has died, dont tell them that it will be ok or that you know how they feel if you really dont.


Ok off the soap box. Someca was a great woman and this week just brought up alot of memories and will continue to do so as the time comes of Nov 13th. 2 years. Wow just saying that makes it not feel like its been 2 years. Im going to add a picture of us so that everyone can see how beautiful she was and still is.
Well that was just on monday. The rest of the week was just as bad , I failed my bio practical and also my Math test. Guess i had way to much on my mind.
The rest of the week got alittle better. I got to watch Jersey Shore, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing, but it is what it is.
Well i guess i better finish up here because my time is running short, only 54 mins before its Sunday.
Finally i will write in Green because Mich Got beat by Mich. St !!!!
And i will write in Orange because IL won today as well.
Signing off as i am done for the week!
Charlie

2 comments:

  1. I still remember meeting Someca for the first time before our wedding... when we were decorating for the reception, and she just came right in and got to work! :)

    Sorry about your tests :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah. I think that people (including myself at times) say things like "I know how you must be feeling" b/c they are at such a loss of what to say but they want to be of some comfort to the person who is hurting. I remember people telling me that when I was laying in the pew at church the day after Paul left and I just wanted to die and scream at them "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS LIKE". But all in all if you step back and look at the big picture those things are said from a good heart hurting with you at a loss of words....

    ReplyDelete